Zenith Education Group Adjunct (Business) in Henderson, Nevada
Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.
This is a Faculty Adjunct position on a term-by-term contract basis.
All faculty members uphold the Zenith commitment to operating with integrity and complying with laws, regulations, accreditation standards, polices, and our company values as they seek to help students succeed in their pursuit of an educational experience that prepares them for the workforce.
All faculty members assist students in meeting their academic and career goals by providing an engaging teaching and learning environment utilizing sound pedagogical teaching strategies based on approved syllabi. Faculty provide appropriate and effective instruction, stay current in the scholarship and practice of their discipline and teaching methodology, support academic quality standards, and demonstrate a commitment to student retention and success. Faculty are responsible for helping to create and maintain a student-centered learning environment based on a culture of student learning assessment at the course, program, and institutional level.
Adjunct faculty members are not guaranteed, by written agreement, a full load of teaching, advising or coaching, institutional support, community support, or professional development support work. Adjunct faculty are employed on a term-by-term or on call basis, and there is not an expectation of ongoing employment or employee benefits commensurate with full-time or part-time faculty status.
Adjunct faculty members are encouraged to participate in other campus activities, committees, projects, graduation ceremonies, and in-service additional training opportunities as long as the time commitment is in adherence with Faculty Load and HR policies. All faculty members are governed by the Faculty Load and HR policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instruct assigned courses in accordance with course competencies/objectives.
- Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance policies.
- Academically coach, guide, mentor, monitor progress, and empower students to achieve optimum success.
- Provide students with academic support and advice give referrals for additional assistance as required, tutor if necessary, and provide other assistance as needed and use technology for academic alerts and interventions.
- Teach classes based on assigned schedule and modality according to Zenith faculty expectations and complete all related teaching administrative responsibilities such as attendance taking, final grade submission, etc.
- Support student retention and success with full participation in all Zenith retention initiatives, fully utilizing all provided systems tools.
- Demonstrate functional expertise in retention strategy solutions and social media excellence in all modalities, as appropriate.
- Manage classroom teaching conditions and environment through active instructor presence in order to promote a positive classroom environment.
- Conduct program / course curriculum assessment and evaluation duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate evidence of professional growth and academic currency.
- Keep annual professional development plan updated and ensure that all faculty accreditation professional and in-service professional development is completed and documentation provided to the Academic Dean or proxy.
- Attend required Faculty meetings
- Meet obligations for the on-campus, off-campus, and online time necessary to meet their professional responsibilities for classes, laboratories, office hours, meetings, and other assignments.
- Where applicable:
- Maintain valid practice certifications.
- Maintain current health requirements, training, licensures and certifications.
- Coordinates schedules with CND in establishing laboratory schedules, classroom rotations (where appropriate), student advising and clinical rotations (where appropriate).
- Ensure related clinical supplies and equipment are up-to-date.
- Explain and demonstrate related laboratory/practical procedures.
- Arrange students' field placement and monitor students' progress.
- Stay current with all regional and state code changes and industry standards as it applies to the program subject matter being taught.
- May assist the Academic Dean with data collection and/or reporting as required by any applicable program accreditor and/or state regulatory agency.
- The distribution of a faculty member's comprehensive assignment will vary in accordance with department, division, and/or regional needs and faculty expertise. Decisions regarding courses taught, teaching locations, and class schedules are determined by the Academic Dean or Campus Academic Leader or his/her proxy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and TRAINING
A qualified faculty member teaching in the Business program meets the program standard through the following requirements:
- A qualified faculty member must have a minimum of four years of related practical work experience in the area of business and possess at least a bachelor's degree in business or a related subject.
- * Existing faculty (hired prior to 5/1/2017) must possess at least an associate's degree in business or a related field.
Preferred Qualifications (Mandatory for faculty teaching in transferable degree programs at Florida campuses or in distance education programs):
- Doctorate or master's degree in the teaching discipline or master's degree with a concentration in the teaching discipline (a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline).
Provost or Provost Proxy Approval Required: In exceptional cases, outstanding professional experience and contributions to the field of study may be substituted for a formal degree. In such instances, the faculty member must possess a minimum of eight years of related practical work experience and the school must justify and document on an individual basis the outstanding professional experience and contributions to the field of business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Dependable with the ability to respond to requests for service and assistance
- Ability to work in a team environment, balances team and individual responsibilities
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Ability to clearly and effectively convey information to others. This includes the ability to choose the appropriate method or methods of communication
- Ability to complete all job requirements in allotted time.
- Displays and promotes high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational and government standards. Represents Zenith Education Group in a positive and professional manner both inside and outside the organization.
- Displays an organized and results-oriented approach, and motivation to perform without extensive direction.
- Displays high quality of work and level of accuracy.
- Demonstrates the ability to use creative, positive solution-oriented approach to address problems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.