Zenith Education Group Financial Aid Representative (Part-time) in Henderson, Nevada
Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.
Under general supervision, this position works with new students and is responsible for conducting student financial interviews, financial options counseling, and intake processing to ensure complete and accurate financing of student educational expenses. Perform needs analysis, provide financing documents, and generate tentative award letters for all new students enrolling into the institution's program. Process all forms in accordance with State/Federal regulations and Company policies and procedures. This position serves as a liaison between Admissions and Student Finance. Observe and adhere to all Company polices and best practices. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate course of action.
- Conduct preliminary financing interviews with new students.
- Provide students with accurate information regarding application process, loan counseling and their eligibility for State/Federal financial assistance, alternative financing, contracts and/or institutional payment plans.
- Inform students of their financial obligation, the institution's financial aid options, and financial policies and procedures as related to their educational expenses.
- Determine Title IV eligibility through an approved needs analysis Financial Aid software system for students requesting Financial Aid.
- Advise students of their obligation to provide accurate information and the potential consequences related to their application and funding process.
- Review financial applications and disclosure statements for completeness and accuracy.
- Track and maintain file intake completion throughout the enrollment process for all students interested in applying for financial aid, and update approved tracking system for new applications and missing documents to allow for timely follow up and completion in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Update appropriate systems to ensure the timely processing, funding, billing and collections of the package selected.
- Monitor and follow up on the status of all pending student loan documents (federal, state or credit) in order to maintain an accurate accounting of each student's financial aid package through first disbursement.
- Provide customer service and answer student inquiries regarding financial status.
- Attend and successfully complete all training for this position, as required at any time by the Company.
- May participate in new student orientations, as applicable.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Dependability: Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Decision Making: Displays willingness to make decisions
- Communication: Effectively communicates with others
- Time Management: Is able to complete all job requirements in allotted time
- Work Ethic: Displays an organized and results-oriented approach, and motivation to perform without extensive direction
- Accuracy: Displays high quality of work and level of accuracy
- Internal hire: minimum 1 year Zenith campus financial aid experience
- External hire: minimum 1 year financial aid experience
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill Company Key Behaviors
- Excellent presentation skills
- Requires some college coursework
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work assigned/flexible hours necessary to complete the job on a weekly basis
- Must pass background check and credit verification
- Reports to - Dir Student Services, Mgr Financial Aid, Mgr Financial Aid Operations
- Direct reports - N/A
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office environment that requires normal safety precautions (such as in typical office or administrative work)
- Sedentary work: Job involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing etc. may be minimally required
- Rarely if at all - less 10% of the time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.