|Job Family||Information Technology|
|Location||Corporate Headquarters (Las Vegas)|
What does an IT Business Analyst do for Allegiant?
This position is responsible for ensuring the quality and consistency of documenting high-level user business requirements and functional specifications to deliver to an IT Development team, after thorough fact finding and analysis of business workflows and systems.
What are some of the daily duties of an IT Business Analyst?
- Elicitation of business requirements using business interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Collaborate with developers, quality assurance and business from beginning of project life cycle until implementation
- Translates user requirements to Business Requirement, functional specifications, traceability, user test plans and documentation for which programs will be written
- Ensures that functional designs meet business requirements and desired outcome is achieved
- Other duties as assigned
What are the minimum requirements to be an IT Business Analyst?
- 3-5 years of experience in gathering and writing system requirements through various methods, with a proven track record in translating project scope into detailed requirements.
- Create documentation and ensure that business rules are clearly defined.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be an IT Business Analyst?
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Demonstrated ability to organize and lead requirements gathering sessions
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with the business owners to analyze needs and efficiently document project deliverables
- Strong project management skills and execution of projects from vision conception through implementation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Previous technical writing preferred
- Strong Initiative with the ability to work independently or with a group
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Allegiant Travel Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, protected veterans, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability