Desert Radiology Assistant Coordinator Quality in Las Vegas, Nevada
Under general supervision, the Assistant Coordinator Quality performs various administrative functions to support the efficient operations of the Patient Care Center.
1. Assists the Patient Care Center by performing various office clerical functions throughout the work day. Clerical functions will include, but are not limited to:
- Distributing (either in person, via interoffice mail, or electronically) incoming faxes and/or other documentation to the appropriate work areas.
- Mailing correspondence.
- Scanning documents into the computer system.
- Filing daily work.
- Retrieving documentation or information.
- Entering data into the computer system, including group bills.
- Typing correspondence.
2. Answers all incoming telephone calls in a friendly and professional manner, directs incoming telephone calls to the appropriate party or department, takes messages following guidelines related to timeliness and accuracy, and processes appropriately, and notifies the answering service that the switchboard is available for incoming calls. Retrieves and delivers messages received by the answering service.
3. Sorts incoming postal mail and place in appropriate mailbox for pick-up or delivery; operates postage meter and scale, ensuring appropriate postage; processes incoming and outgoing envelopes and packages from services such as the United States Post Office, Federal Express, and any overnight delivery.
4. Reviews scheduled patient appointments and verifies that the referral document corresponds to the scheduled exam; confirms that the labs are correct and current for the referral; contacts the referring physician to request additional information, if necessary; contacts the patients, via telephone, to confirm the appointment date, time and location; advises the patient of any preparations required for the procedure (e.g., fasting, no perfume etc.).
1. Knowledge of facility policies and procedures related to switchboard operations
2. Knowledge of how to operate switchboard and postage equipment
3. Knowledge of and experience in using office equipment including telephone, fax, computer and photocopier
4. Knowledge of and experience in using radiology-related computer systems (RIS)
5. Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques
6. Skill in screening and directing calls in a pleasant and expeditious manner
7. Skill in customer service by pleasantly dealing with all callers and effectively serving as a company liaison
8. Ability to communicate clearly on the telephone
9. Ability to use interpersonal skills to effectively interact with physicians, other facility staff, patients and families when providing instructions or responding to questions or exchanging patient-related information
10. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
11. Ability to file correctly by alphabetic or numeric system
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient record information
1. Strong customer service skills and the ability to keyboard proficiently
2. Previous medical office experience (preferred)
This company is an equal opportunity, affirmativeactionemployer and makes employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy shall include, but is not limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO