Allegiant Travel Company BUYER in Las Vegas, Nevada
What does a Buyer do for Allegiant?
Assure the parts and materials required to perform aircraft maintenance are available to each assigned line station through stock transfers or procurements. Inventory levels should be monitored and parts should be transferred, expedited from repair, borrowed and/or purchased as needed to replenish supply. Parts and materials required for maintaining the fleet should be made available in a timely manner at the lowest achievable cost. Maintain documentation of all parts activity and operational statistics on the performance of each station and aircraft. Be able to create and present reports to upper management as necessary.
What are some of the daily duties of a Buyer?
- Source and Procure parts and materials for Line Maintenance and Heavy Check.
- Parts requests should be evaluated for accuracy, clarity, and completeness (special attention should be paid to primary/alternate part numbers, aircraft effectivity, required documentation and deadlines) and responded to in a timely fashion.
- Procure parts in the manner that is most beneficial to Allegiant. Conduct inventory analysis and initiate transfer of available stock, expedite from repair vendor, execute a loan/borrow agreement, or submit RFQ for purchase or core exchange from vendor.
- Submit RFQs using sourcing program such as AeroXchange or Parts-Base to gather quotations in accordance with SOX guidelines then contact vendors to expedite results.
- Upon receipt of vendor quotations, analyze cost, tag age, part condition, and lead time.
- Select quotation that is the most efficient and cost-effective for meeting Allegiant operational deadlines.
- Generate inventory purchase orders
- Perform logistical analysis to determine most appropriate method of shipment.
- Requests should be analyzed for comail transfer opportunities, FedEx, freight, international, or courier movements.
- Send transfer directive to station or vendor sending part; specify shipping information, anticipated arrival times along with any special packaging or documentation needs.
- Communicate part status, PO numbers and expected arrival times of parts to requestor
- Maintain Part Status documentation
- Record transaction data in MS Access database.
- Update database entries as actions are taken and verify current status.
- Manage open orders to ensure they are received into stock within agreed time frame
- Ensure components that are on order are tracked and updates are made to the database in a timely manner.
- Expedite open orders as appropriate to support Company stocking positions
- Follow-up on open orders to ensure a smooth flow through purchasing process
- Manage procurement of aircraft material for Allegiant. Gather pricing for upcoming projects including supplier information and part number clarification.
- Manage Vendor performance to ensure the Company is getting the highest quality service at the least cost
- Measure Vendor performance: develop key performance indicators, monitor stock availability, delivery, paperwork, warranty issues, responsiveness, bad from stock, etc.
- Identify performance gaps, work with Suppliers to determine root causes and develop and implement effective solutions. Follow-up on implementation plans to ensure compliance and positive results
- Negotiate Contracts and Agreements that are beneficial to the Company. Develop and maintain business relationships with Suppliers used by Allegiant and cultivate new opportunities for procurement and savings.
- Identify operational trends and cost drivers, measure quality and calculate yields. Develop relevant financial and operational metrics for decision making and monitoring of key performance indicators.
- Perform other duties assigned.
What are the minimum requirements to be a Buyer?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required familiarity with finance, accounting and statistics desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience as a Buyer, Purchasing Agent, Commodity Manager, Repair Analyst, etc., required. Applicable experience repairing off wing components and understanding of commercial requirements will also be considered.
- Must pass background and pre-employment drug screen
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the immigration Act of 1986
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be an Buyer?
- Aircraft Systems and AIS Knowledge desired
- Proficient in MS Office suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and process analytic information
- Ability to work under pressure in a Team environment
What are the physical requirements of a Buyer if applicable
- Occasional travel required
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to use computer and read monitor without undo strain
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Allegiant is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate against qualified applicants or Team Members with respect to any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, protected veterans, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Requisition Number: 17-0479
Job Family: Engineering & Maintenance
Location: Corporate Headquarters (Las Vegas)
City: Las Vegas
Job Type: Full-Time
DOT Regulated: No