FirstService Residential Client Accountant in Las Vegas, Nevada
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Client accountant is responsible for supporting and analyzing accounting activities for portfolio properties. Additionally this position is responsible for ensuring that procedures and reporting are consistent within each property and maintained on an ongoing basis.
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Create and maintain journal vouchers listing for General Ledger Activity for assigned properties.
- Process approved accounts payable in a timely manner.
- Review and submit reserve transfer requests.
- Perform Revenue testing and resolve any variances.
- Prepare and analyze Client Monthly Financial packages, including financials statements, bank reconciliation, supporting schedules, etc.
- Prepare reconciliations and analysis for various balance sheet accounts to ensure the integrity of financial data.
- Support annual Audit, Tax, and Review process
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed by the department.
Requirements & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to independently prioritize daily workload and changing priorities.
- Ability to draft correspondence and respond to inquiries and client concerns effectively and independently in a timely fashion (per company policy- within 24-hours).
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and consistently meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving abilities
- Must have minimum typing speed of 40 WPM
- Provides quality level of service to all customers (internal and external) -- timely, thorough, exhibits professionalism, professional attire and demeanor at all times.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills consisting of oral, written and listening skills. Includes phone and email etiquette, as well as in-person.
- Foster cooperation and work well within a team atmosphere
- Bachelor's degree or in the process of obtaining a bachelor's degree (accounting major preferred) and/or 2 years of general ledger accounting experience.
- Proficient in English, Bilingual Spanish helpful.
- Strong general math skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines, as well as work independently and prioritize time effectively.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems creatively.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and address tasks with efficiency.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled