Wynn Las Vegas Cook I Relief in Las Vegas, Nevada
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Wynn Resorts is a Fortune 500 company led by hospitality industry visionary Steve Wynn. Currently operating in the top two casino gaming markets in the world, Wynn is financially stable and growth oriented. Our 12,000 employees at our Wynn Las Vegas and Encore properties have helped us win more Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Awards than any other independent hotel company in the world. Wynn resorts are known for their innovative design, luxury offerings, and exceptional guest service. Joining Wynn means working for a leader in the global resort industry, one that has set today’s standards and will likely define them tomorrow.
As Cook I – Relief your role will include:
- Engaging all guests to enhance the dining experience.
- Responsible for preparing and finishing foods on all stations with the kitchen
- Meet quality standards, as well as maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of the work areas and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards.
- Assist the Chef as needed in execution of production.
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Apply basic knife skills required for preparation.
- Must be able to breakdown work station and complete closing duties by returning all food items to the proper storage areas, rotate all returned product, wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away, straighten up and organize all storage areas, clean up and wipe down food prep area, reach-in and walk ins.
- Candidate must be able to communicate in English, read and follow recipes 2nd language a plus.
- 3 – 5 year’s culinary experience in a high volume, luxury hotel/restaurant kitchen preferred. *Culinary training degree is preferred but not required.
- Requires the ability to work organized and within a team environment. *Must be able to obtain and maintain any licensing or active work cards required, at present or in the future, for this position at all times
- Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Job Title: Cook I Relief