NV Employer Cook (Part-time) in Las Vegas, Nevada
Employer conducts drug and background screenings.
- Minimum age requirement is 18.
- HS Diploma, GED or HSE preferred.
- Minimum one year high volume cooking experience, preferably in a Hotel/Casino environment.
- Must possess good memory and the ability to recall recipes.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and knife skills.
- Good people skills and a well-groomed appearance.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Food Handler Safety Training Card.
- Must be able to work varied days and hours as scheduled based on need.
- Must possess basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide) specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to read and understand all policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, employees, and members of management in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to complete standard forms and reports.
SUMMARY: To prepare food items according to the outlet's menu and recipe standards and customer request. To assure preparation and service is of the highest quality in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain uniform appearance according to established guidelines.
2. Adhere to policies and procedures and Health regulations.
3. Work rapidly and accurately.
4. Pay particular attention to detail.
5. Use proper food handling techniques when preparing food.
6. Operate kitchen equipment located in the outlet.
7. Knowledge of menu items and recipes for each assigned station.
8. Properly stock assigned work station.
9. Maintain a clean and organized work area.
10. Notify Room Chef or Sous Chef of any needed supplies.
11. Notify Room Chef or Sous Chef of any problems that arise.
12. Know locations of all Golden Nugget outlets and services that are available to the guests.
13. Assist with maintaining a neat, clean and safe working environment.
14. Turnover/takeover station according to established procedures.
15. Complete special projects as requested by Food and Beverage Management
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT: (See full job description online for more details).