The Mentor Network Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) / Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) in Las Vegas, Nevada
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) / Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Primary Location: United States-NV-NVLas Vegas Function: Clinical Organization: Care Meridian
Founded in 1989, CareMeridian provides a continuum of high quality, cost-effective post-acute care and rehabilitation options to people of all ages with brain, spinal cord and other life-altering injuries and medically-complex illnesses. With program locations throughout the Western United States, CareMeridian offers a distinctive service delivery model, merging an experienced and skilled health care and rehabilitation team with state-of-the-art technology in community-based program settings designed to meet each individualâ€™s unique needs at every stage of recovery.
CareMeridian is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
CareMeridian is currently seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse to improve and sustain superior performance of the facility as evidenced by quality outcomes and financial returns. Emphasis is placed on CareMeridian’s mission and values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function
listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
1. Perform and document resident assessments upon admission and on
angoing basis through discharge.
2. Complete all required nursing documentation accurately and timely.
3. Participate in “hand off” report.
4. Observe, record and report to supervisor or physician in a timely manner, any changes in the resident’s
5. Participates in the development and updating of the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care within the required
6. Implement the plan of care, using appropriate nursing interventions according to CareMeridian’s
Policies and Procedures and regulatory guidelines.
7. Administer and document medications and treatments as ordered, and observe and document the
8. Transcribe and carry out physicians’ orders.
9. Initiate emergency procedures per CareMeridian’s Policy and Procedure, if needed.
10. Assist physicians as necessary.
11. Participate in Interdisciplinary Team Conferences, as required.
12. Provide resident and/or caregiver education.
13. Communicate and cooperate with the interdisciplinary team to ensure that all therapeutic
interventions are carried out timely.
14. Attend and participate in continuing education programs per CareMeridian’s policies and regulatory
15. Complete and submit Incident and Accident Reports as needed.
16. Follow Safety Policies and Procedures at all times to include participation in fire and emergency
17. Maintain the confidentiality of all residents’ data, per HIPAA requirements.
18. Participate in the Performance Improvement Program.
19. Use equipment per manufacturers’ instructions.