Western Alliance Bank Loan Officer in Las Vegas, Nevada
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The position of Loan Officer is responsible for soliciting, negotiating, underwriting and coordinating the closing of difficult to complex residential, equipment, SBA, commercial building and business loans in compliance with the Bank s lending policies and procedures.
The Loan Officer is responsible for developing business checking and deposit relationships with customers; and promote business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. The position of Loan Officer III assists in attaining established Bank, region and branch goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs.
* Engages in business development activities and solicitation of new business; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank s products and services.
* Interviews prospective applicants and requests specified information related to loan or credit application; corresponds or re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application information.
* Performs pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
* Gathers and analyzes all information necessary to present a financing request to senior management or Loan Committee for approval; meets with existing or potential customers; visiting sites of loans; negotiates loan terms and conditions; approves loans within established lending limits or refers and recommends acceptance to the Chief Credit Officer or Loan Committee.
* Coordinates processing of approved loans; ensures loans are processed according to agreement, customer needs and conform to Bank lending policies; obtains sufficient information and/or documentation from customers; solves problems relative to processing and servicing of loans within his or her portfolio; approves loan disbursements in accordance with agreements.
* Ensures that credit inquires and UCC filings are researched to determine credit worthiness and appropriate collateral positioning are achieved.
* Ensures that certification or deletion of collateral is made by the appropriate personnel.
* Negotiates, underwrites and processes renewals of credit facilities.
* Approves loan payments, draws from lines of credit, and fund transfers within specified limits.
* Authorizes commitment, engagement, and action and decline letters.
* Reinforces the application of superior customer service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees.
* Consistently applies good decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals, requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
* Verifies funds with mortgage companies and contractors.
* Develops and maintains knowledge of financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition.
* Represents the Bank in various, civic, community development, and CRA functions to further enhance the Bank s image and develop additional business; assists the Bank in establishing and maintaining market position in the financing arena.
* Reviews NSF and overdraft reports for customers assigned within his or her portfolio; approves or declines such exceptions within established lending limits.
* Provides deposit and loan account ratings.
* Cross-sells the Bank s other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
* Updates and corresponds with legal counsel and collectors on workouts, bankruptcies, and charge-offs to ensure all possible precautionary actions or measures are taken.
* Assists in meeting annual deposit and loan growth goals assigned by senior management; participates in various internal committees assigned by senior management.
* Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability, demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
* Provides leadership and training to less experienced loan officers and other staff members.
* Assists senior management with developing, analyzing and finalizing complex loan agreements with representatives of large businesses.
* Bachelor s degree (BA) or equivalent from a four (4) year college or university and three (3) or more years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Work related experience should consist of a financial analyzing or lending background.
* Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
* Advanced experience, knowledge and training in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
* Advanced experience, knowledge and training in all lending activities and terminology.
* Advanced knowledge of commercial, construction, real estate and complex residential loan processing.
* Advanced to advanced knowledge of related state and federal lending and compliance regulations, and other Bank lending policies.
* Ability to develop marketing and business development skills with customers.
* Proficiency in the use of personal computers and applications including word processing and spreadsheet software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to work with minimal or no supervision while performing duties.
* Ability to lead less experienced loan officers and other staff members as assigned.
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email or call (702) 252-6257
Employer's Job# 2017-3730
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.