FirstService Residential Porter in Las Vegas, Nevada
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Keeping buildings, facilities and restrooms in a clean and orderly condition are a priority. Perform cleaning duties such as floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, cleaning showers / restrooms and removing rubbish is imperative.
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Cleaning floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them per the prescribed schedule
- Gather and empty trash daily and per schedule
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms daily and per the schedule
- Clean and polish furniture fixtures
- Clean low level windows, glass partitions and mirrors
- Dust furniture, walls, machines and equipment
- Mix water and detergent in containers to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications
- Steam clean or shampoo carpets as needed or per schedule
- Strip, seal, finish and polish floors as required
- Notify Building Manager or Lead concerning the need or major repair or additions in the common area and file appropriate work order
- Complete appropriate requisition for supplies and equipment as needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
- Setup, arrange and remove decorations, tables, chairs, to prepare facilities for events such as board meetings
- Responsible for maintenance cart and supplies on maintenance cart (cart must be stored out of sight when not in use)
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing work
- Be courteous and pleasant to residents at all times
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Requirements & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- An ability to follow oral and written directions, keep accurate records, fill out logs and journals, and perform administrative operational functions
- Must be capable of being bonded
One year of experience of janitorial or custodial work; High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled