Allegiant Travel Company PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST in Las Vegas, Nevada
What does a Public Relations Specialist do for Allegiant?
The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for supporting the company’s brand identity through successful coordination of strategic public relations promotions, media, sponsorships and special events, as well as all other activities that support the Marketing department.
Under the guidance of Public Relations Manager, a Public Relations Specialist serves as the Company representative in assigned markets, responsible for event planning and execution, promotions, journalist relationships, story pitching and media monitoring in those markets. The position offers the opportunity to learn and participate in all aspects of corporate communications, including promotional, customer, investor and crisis communication strategies.
A Public Relations Specialist will be required to work with Allegiant team members as well as news media representatives, airport management, important community organizations and city representatives from each market Allegiant serves. In many case, position will be required to work with discretion.
What are some of the daily duties of a Public Relations Specialist?
Work with the company Marketing Director and PR Manager to implement public relations and promotional strategies and programs that promotes the company’s brand identity
Plan and execute inaugural, announcement and other press or promotional events
- Write press releases
- Regularly engage journalists through pitching and consistent dialogue
- Create engaging and relevant content to disseminate through social media channels
- Have knowledge/understanding of social media-related technology and be able to support these technologies
- Assist in coordination of and participate in media interviews
- Travel to events and meetings
- Maintain consistent & accurate files on all correspondence & data
- Research, evaluate, distill and disseminate complicated company and industry information (with accuracy) through press releases and interviews for media and the public
- Consistently seek out innovative opportunities to promote the company’s brand and retail message through social media and public relations programs
Oversee and maintain newspaper/media clip files
Support and assist marketing research programs on behalf of the company, including internal efforts, one-off events and long-term tracking
Compile and distribute weekly report of Allegiant news media clips, including online, broadcast and print
Seek out, review and approve company promotions, including sponsorships, special events and media programs
Facilitate media contract fulfillment for public relations and promotions initiatives, including follow-up, tracking and record-keeping
Coordinate and approve collateral/creative for promotions, sponsorships & special events
Maintain tracking & accountability for promotion/trade program
Coordinate/oversee corporate giving partnership, including tracking and accountability
Assist with creative planning/new initiative planning
- Support all other corporate communications department functions as needed, including copywriting, research, media planning assistance, proofreading and filing
- Other duties as assigned
What are the minimum requirements to be a Public Relations Specialist?
Education requirements – College degree preferred with emphasis on communications, public relations, journalism or a related field
Work Experience - Minimum 1-3 years of experience in public relations or related industry environment, including internships and volunteer experience.
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a Public Relations Specialist?
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including an established news-writing style
- Knowledge of AP style guidelines
- Ability to manage public relations initiatives from inception to event to follow-up and the ability to communicate confidently to members of the media and the public
- Ability to work with people at all levels in the organization to implement programs
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Creative, decisive, responsive, able to work independently and take responsibility for decisions and outcomes
Knowledge of standard software tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.); knowledge of Adobe Creative Software and web publishing tools preferred
Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
What are the physical requirements of a Public Relations Specialist?
- Travel is required. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Allegiant is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate against qualified applicants or Team Members with respect to any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Allegiant supports a healthy, non-smoking work environment.
Requisition Number: 17-0258
Title: PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST
Job Family: Sales & Marketing
Location: Corporate Headquarters (Las Vegas)
City: Las Vegas
Job Type: Full-Time
DOT Regulated: No