State Of Nevada DETR REHABILITATION SUPERVISOR in Las Vegas, Nevada
APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY $52,742.88 to $78,613.20 PAY GRADE: 37
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Master's degree in rehabilitation counseling or health, social or other related behavioral science, and one year of advanced journey level experience as a Rehabilitation Counselor which included supervising one or more professional rehabilitation staff; interpreting and applying established laws, regulations, policies and procedures related to the assigned program; and identifying problems, evaluating solutions and recommending action plans for improvement; OR Master's degree as described above and one year of experience as a Rehabilitation Counselor III in Nevada State service.
Current certification or proof of eligibility to sit for the Rehabilitation Counselor Certification exam from the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification is required at the time of application for Rehabilitation Supervisor and Rehabilitation Counselor III.
A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for fingerprinting.
If there are five or fewer qualified applicants, the exam will consist of an application evaluation. (This statement does not apply for Until Recruitment Needs are Satisfied (URS) announcements).
REHABILITATION SUPERVISOR (12.416) Training and Experience Exam
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
1) Do you have a Master's Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling?
2) Are you certified as a Rehabilitation Counselor or do you possess a related professional rehabilitation certification?
3) Describe your experience as a supervisor in a rehabilitation facility. Include in your description the dates of employment in this capacity.
4) Describe your experience, including the number of years, working in a rehabilitation setting performing professional services such as program planning, community liaison, counseling, etc.
5) Describe your experience, including the number of years, working in an evaluation or assessment center administering, scoring and interpreting test results.