Gilbane Federal Scheduler II in Las Vegas, Nevada
GF-NV-3775-244 Job Description
At Gilbane we're building more than buildings, we're helping create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities across the United States and throughout the world that will be helping people live better for decades to come. As a fifth generation family business we've built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats every one of our employees as a trusted member of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees' education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you have the desire to make a real difference in people's lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like member of the family - you will feel right at home at Gilbane.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Scheduler II is responsible for developing and maintaining all levels of schedules, for proposals, preconstruction and detailed construction schedules.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Scheduler II typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and control all scheduling data through project management software (Primavera P6, P3, Suretrak)
- Define and document project scope, guidelines, and coordination of resources to execute the project schedule
- Determine the critical paths required to meet the overall project completion date, modify critical paths based on prevailing conditions, and consult with project leadership teams to develop workarounds to overcome obstacles
- Participate in logistical and delivery and work force planning with project personnel, and incorporate into a CPM schedule
- Incorporate code and permitting issues in project schedules
- Supervise entry level employees in administrative tasks related to scheduling
- Establish and implement project scheduling update procedures
- Prepare monthly project schedule updates including written narrative and custom reports as needed
- Establish and maintain complete and accurate project scheduling files required for assigned project, or required per regional requirements all schedule updates
- Read and translate Owner/CM contract to determine project controls deliverables
- Participate in Customer Expectations Process to ensure that client needs relative to project controls are identified
- Make recommendations concerning the project change process as it relates to schedule
- Determine contractual requirements concerning schedule and delay, especially notification requirements and make recommendations accordingly
- Coordinate work efforts with others and follow up as required to support project requirements
- Monitor, follow and identify to others issues that require resolution
- Establish and maintain document filing and retrieval systems both hardcopy and electronic
- BS or MS in Engineering, Architecture or appropriate field of study desired
- Experience supporting Federal projects (DoD, USACE, NAVFAC)
- 3 years of experience using Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project programs in construction projects
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project layouts utilized for invoicing, cost-loading, and performance reports (S-curve data)
- Computer skills utilizing MS Excel, Word, and Adobe PDF programs
- Formal education with Primavera P6 and Microsoft project desired
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient with Primavera P6, Suretrak, Adobe CS3 and Microsoft Office software, including Microsoft Project
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous profit-sharing/401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs.
Gilbane has an unwavering focus on safety, the environment and caring about everyone involved in our work.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.Job Location
Las Vegas, Nevada, United StatesPosition Type
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.