Cort Business Services Corporation Seamer/Sewer, Furniture Upholstery in Las Vegas, Nevada
|Job ID||2016-1693||# of Openings||3|
|Job Location(s)||US-NV-Las Vegas||Posted Date||9/12/2017|
CORT, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is the nation's leading provider of transition services, including furniture rental for home and office, event furnishings, destination services, apartment locating, touring and other services. CORT Trade Show & Event Furnishings is the leading nationwide provider of rental furnishings for the exhibit and events industry. From high-profile special events to corporate meetings to weddings, CORT provides the rental furnishings that make exhibitions and events possible. For more information on CORT Trade Show & Event Furnishings, visit .
The Seamer/Sewer is responsible for the repair and refinishing of furniture product to prepare it for either rental or retail based on condition.
- Participates in daily start of shift meeting including exercise program.
- Cut appropriate fabric/vinyl to produce upholstery covers for furniture.
- Seam/sew appropriate fabric/vinyl to produce upholstery covers for furniture.
- Trains other operational personnel in the basics of touch-up repair.
- Tracks daily repaired pieces for warehouse report.
- Maintain a consistent quality and quantity in work produced.
- Maintain repair area in an organized and safe manner.
- Share new and innovative ways of repairing / touching up with other CORT facilities (Great Ideas)
- High School diploma or equivalent or 5 plus years of experience without a degree
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Must have reliable transportation
- Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
As part of a national company, CORT Furniture Rental offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, a competitive salaries with position specific incentive or commission plans, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts.
For more information on CORT Business Services, please visit our website at www.CORT.com.