NV Employer 3rd Shift Supervisor in North Las Vegas, Nevada
****External candidates, please submit resume to email@example.com, include both job title and job order number in the subject line of your email. Please note, online application completion will also be required prior to employer consideration.****
3rd Shift Supervisor
Salary: 50k to 60k, DOE. Hours are 10:00 pm to 6:30 am Sunday through Thursday.
Overview: Primary responsibilities for the production supervisor are to coordinate and direct the daily activities in manufacturing, tracking material waste, and resolving quality issues. Other duties include coordination with other department to satisfy customers needs for product and resolution of defective product issues.
- Area safety, quality and throughput
- Hire and fire recommendations
- Time card review and approval
- People schedules to make sure departmental goals are achieved
- Nurture ongoing vendor relationships
- Interface with agency/agency employees
- Develop and train leads and key personnel
- Audit employee training and development plan adherence
- Manage department budget creation and adherence
- Staff to approved headcounts
- Participate and make recommendations on all departments fire and hiring decisions
- Developing new vendor relationships
- Initiate and when approved manage cap-ex spending budgets
- Create cascade messaging and communication throughout department
- Implement and manage lean techniques to reduce waste
- Lead root cause and corrective action identification processes
- 4 year degree in related field or equivalent of four years related experience in related field
- 5+ years of management experience in a combined high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in commercial print, direct mail, card production a plus
- Experience in 3rd shift supervision preferred
- Advanced math and reading skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organization skills combined with the ability to determine root cause, containment and corrective actions
- Work with internal teams to procure specialty items in a timely manner to meet delivery/shipping schedules
- Ensure all job specs, pricing, and shipping instructions are in place prior to releasing to scheduling and manufacturing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is required to stand for extended period of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold). The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards. The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.