Allegiant Travel Company Database Developer in Las Vegas, Nevada
What are some of the responsibilities of a Database Developer with Allegiant?
- Responsible for db designing, coding, and implementing software solutions using modern techniques and programming language
- Providing high-level database development assistance in creating specific db applications for businesses
- Providing general support on information technology to design, develop, execute, and maintain the database application systems, applying several RDBMS
What are some of the daily duties of a Database Developer?
- Ensures research and innovation at all levels of the software development process
- May participate in multiple projects simultaneously as a senior development team member
- Works harmoniously in a cross-functional team comprising managers, supervisors, business analysts, systems personnel, network staff, and other developers in ensuring the delivery of software solutions as planned, within set budget, and timely
- Functions as technical architect and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on enterprise related software systems
- Performs the role of the principal designer responsible for complex systems and their subsystems employing deep knowledge of current technology and tools, as well as relevant systems that are already existing
- Works with agency clients and ETS personnel to determine and state highly complicated business requirements and processes
- Acts as a coach or mentor to junior software developers
- Provides excellent customer service by responding to and assisting with help desk calls to resolving issues, including system outages
- Performs db development and db administrative duties as well as some project management tasks
What are the minimum requirements to be a Database Developer?
- 3+ years working as a database developer or a related role.
- BA or BS degree with 3+ years' experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience in DB2, MySQL
- SQL Server experience is a plus
- Strong SQL expertise. You can write a query to do almost anything.
- SQL server administration experience. You also have the basics of running Microsoft SQL Server - users, permission, backups, recovery, monitoring, and that sort of thing.
- Ability to create SQL reports.
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a Database Developer?
- Database tuning experience. Help us make our database faster by running diagnostics and doing query optimization and other performance tuning.
- Ability to work in an Agile environment. You can address bugs with QA, plan schemas with engineering, and respond quickly to other business needs.
- Knowledge and know-how to troubleshoot potential issues, and experience with best practices around database operations.
- ETL experience is a plus
Allegiant is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate against qualified applicants or Team Members with respect to any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, military service status, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. This includes compliance with all federal, state and local laws providing for nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in all aspects of the employment process and the requirement to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with those laws.
Allegiant Travel Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, protected veterans, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability