Davita Kidney Smart Educator-Fluent in Spanish is Required in Las Vegas, Nevada
If you are passionate about building relationships with doctors and patients in the community and making a positive difference with those impacted by end stage renal disease- than this role may be for you!
Ideal candidates for this role can come from a variety of backgrounds but does require a clinical licensure to qualify. RNs, MSW (LSW), Patient Care Technicians with CCHTS and RD's are encouraged to apply.
The schedule of this role is M-Friday with flexible daytime hours. This role requires travel within the Vegas Market
About Kidney Smart:
Kidney Smart offers instructor-led kidney disease education classes in neighborhoods across the country. These 90-minute classes provide the kidney disease and you need to take control of your health.
In class, you will learn:
- How kidneys function and the common causes of chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- How medications, diet and nutrition work together to help keep you healthy
- What potential treatment options are available to you
Improve lives, form lasting relationships and have fun at work.
"In the Village, you're part of a community that takes care of everybody. It's like a circle of care. We provide excellence in customer service, and we keep it fun through teamwork. - Kay A.
What you do is vitally important to DaVita and makes an exceptional difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As part of our professional team of clinicians, you will ensure the compassionate, professional delivery of all dialysis-related nursing services in an outpatient setting. As a nurse at DaVita you will constantly be on your toes working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with new challenges to trouble-shoot and overcome. Make the most of your nursing skills to provide the highest level of care to our patients and ensure their safety, comfort, and wellbeing.
* Has program support from supervisor and Regional Operations Director
* Completes the day live Certified Kidney Smart Educator training with a KS
* Holds a minimum of one Kidney Smart class per month
* Only uses approved Kidney Smart materials
* Ensures all Kidney Smart classes posted online for participants to find on
KidneySmart.org/Class or DaVita.com/Class or through 1-888-MY-KIDNEY
* Adheres to all compliance guidelines and policies and procedures
* Consistently enters all class data from CKD Patient Registration Forms to
Kidney Smart Class Tracker Online
* Commits to staying up to date with Kidney Smart changes by reading the
Newsletters, attending WebExs, and attending Division or Group Kidney Smart
* Commits to attending occasional WebEx trainings to stay up-to-date with the
CKD patient and their nephrologist after class and on a regular, ongoing basis.
Note: This follow-up may only be initiated if the participant has signed the
KidneySmart PHI Authorization and Consent forms.
* Must have right skills, demeanor to be an empathetic and engaging educator
* Must have support for time commitment to dedicate to program
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.