Cort Business Services Corporation Logistics Coordinator in Las Vegas, Nevada
|# of Openings||1|
CORT, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is the nation’s leading provider of transition services, including furniture rental for home and office, event furnishings, destination services, apartment locating, touring and other services. CORT Trade Show & Event Furnishings is the leading nationwide provider of rental furnishings for the exhibit and events industry. From high-profile special events to corporate meetings to weddings, CORT provides the rental furnishings that make exhibitions and events possible. CORT also provides rental furniture to the majority of trade shows and conferences in the nation, including shows and events in Canada. For more information, visit .
The Logistics Coordinator analyzes inventory levels and responds to district inventory needs by scheduling and revising inter district shipment plans.
- Prepares documentation, maintains records and coordinates logistics for the movement of product by use of CORT policy.
- Leads communications within each districts shipping and receiving area to schedule the arrival of carriers for loading and/or unloading.
- Ensures third party brokers are selected based on company objectives for cost, transit times and delivery.
- Schedules and coordinates pickups and deliveries through approved third party carriers, working with third party brokers on the best rating available.
- Schedule shipments to ensure compliance with interstate traffic laws and regulations and company policies, to include FMCSR, and HAZMAT, when applicable.
- Provides guidance to districts regarding the shipment of product type to ensure safe delivery of said product. In the case of product shortage, work individually with districts to move needed product within time constraints based on availability and within CORT policy.
- Make recommendations regarding inventory moves for purposes of balancing the inventory among operational facilities.
- Communicates status of booked shipments, to include shipments in transit with the appropriate personnel.
- Maintains a relationship with third party carriers, district management teams and sales, and works to resolves unusual issues between them.
- Third party logistics transportation management regarding shipment status, and damage claims.
- Investigates shipper and/or consignee complaints regarding lost and/or damaged merchandise, to include any shortages in shipment, to determine responsibility.
- Analyzes the master quantity report to determine pockets of inventory within the districts. Evaluates inventory and upcoming orders to determine appropriate product availability for districts so they can meet short term business needs.
- Assist districts in determining product shortage and determining the best course of action to move said product within the company and budget constraints.
- Analyze and develop opportunities within Company to implement cost awareness and product handling through districts/operations/inventory areas.
- Audit freight transfers weekly by district to ensure accuracy and balance with the accounting department for monthly financial statements.
- Auditing of invoices from third party carriers for accuracy of charges incurred.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Knowledge of Accounting software; Internet Explorer software; TSE Inventory software; Excel Spreadsheet software: third party freight job boards Internet software; and MS Word Processing software.
As part of a national company, CORT Trade Show & Event Furnishings offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, competitive salaries with position-specific incentive or commission plans, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts.
For more information on CORT Trade Show & Event Furnishings, visit .
CORT conducts drug screening, background checks and MVR checks (if applicable) as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.