U.S. Bank Senior Information Security Specialist in Las Vegas, Nevada
U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Information Security Specialist to support analysis and threat detection for the Information Security Insider Threat (ISIT) program. The candidate will have a broad understanding of data loss prevention and insider threat prevention concepts, technical expertise and analytical capabilities to detect patterns and anomalies across data sets of technical and non-technical indicators.
• Analyze information to identify risks and gaps with people, process and technology
• Articulate implications of the risks relative to insider threats
• Query databases, including filtering, joins, unions and aggregate functions
• Conduct log file analysis
• Review data and behaviors to identify problems from multiple angles and gather information, as well as be able to identify missing information/indicators needed to produce best results
• Work independently and with teams to define and complete analysis activities (both new and repeatable)
• Document findings in a manner that technical and non-technical stakeholders can consume
• Performs initial analysis on data from systems to identify unexpected or malicious activity across channels.
• Assist in building processes, procedures, and training for the Insider Threat program
• Stay abreast of current technologies, developments, security compliance requirements, standards and industry trends in order to help achieve the goals of the department.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-Certified Information System Security Professional
-At least 7 years experience with processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data.
The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded information security background including a strong understanding of IT risk management, information security controls, industry standards and best practices such as the NIST 800 series, NIST CSF, and ISO 27000 series. The candidate should understand and have experience with the security configuration, as well as various design controls, regulatory, legal and contractual requirements impacting financial institutions (e.g. GLBA, SOX, FFIEC, and PCI). Additional preferred skills and experience relevant to the work include:
• Moderate to advanced knowledge of SQL
• Experience in computer networking, Network administration and/or database administration
• Experience with a variety data analysis and visualization tools
• Experience querying systems like Splunk
• Basic understanding of relational databases an big data databases
• Background in log analysis for network devices, servers (i.e. web servers) and clients.
• CERT Insider Threat course work/certifications
• Industry certifications in the area of information security, project management and technology auditing including, CISSP, CISM, CGEIT, CISA, GIAC GSEC, and/or PMP
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and in written
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180011092
Other Locations: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis, Ohio-OH-Cincinnati, Oregon-OR-Portland
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.